Currently, there are no EPA regulations or standards for airborne mold contaminants. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment.
Dead mold may still cause allergic reactions in some people, so it is not enough to simply kill the mold, it must also be removed.
Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or un-addressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.